Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hawaiian Hills




Although I am a bit distraught about the fact that i left my precious board back in LA I am thankful that I am still semi-able to partake in the joy of it all. The Swedes found the perfect, and i mean PERFECT, hill to bomb right next to our house. So sweet. They really wanted someone to photograph them as they made there way down. I jumped at the chance, having both a love for the sport and for the request. Philippe it turns out is also a wonderful boarder and had bought one that day. So with my Swiss and Swedes I followed for a while on a bicycle but they were all towed up by moped. I stopped after a while not knowing how much further they expected me to ride. After a while Samuel come down on the moped and i ditched the bike and was soon zipping up the hill to the drop point. Once we met up with the guys it was on. What a magnificent time! Holding on to Samuel while trying to get good shots was quite the task. I felt much like a paparazzi as i did the balancing act of staying on a moped while trying to shoot behind me. Such a magnifico time. I think I need to do it again but in the back of a truck so I can have more control of the camera and get some great shots instead of some good shots. I have three weeks left with my Swedes and am quite sad about that fact but I must enjoy the time while it lasts.

Daniel & Markus Showing their skills


L to R Philippe, Daniel, Markus, Erik
"The boys"

1 comment:

Alex Hackett said...

Bad-A pics man. You are always taken sweet ones. Keep em up.